Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Baby Talk

Was at an event where I met my cousin and her son Marcus. Marcus's starting to talk now and Talk he does!!! He just rattles on a lot and repeats sentences and then laughs at himself after. What most kids do? But be patient with them and you'll be able to understand what they say. Else, you end up in situations like what just happened to me:

Marcus: Ahhhhhhrrr you bheeeeet eeeeeee bhhhoooooood??? (repeated 3-4 times in a row, getting more and more anxious by the minute, pitch getting higher and higher).

Here's the part where I look over at his mother (my cousin) and she's not paying attention to him. She's actually in another conversation with my aunt. Until I can't take it and I go:

Me: Aye! He asks if you're Betty Boop!!!!!!
My cousin: NO!!! He's asking if I'm going to feed him food la!!! Where on earth did you hear Betty Boop??!!!

........................... (speechless). Of course then we both burst out laughing out loud... while we were at a funeral...... classy.

No comments: