Monday, June 15, 2009

Bachelor's party

Hi all,

As my beloved Tinker mentioned, I'm in France at the moment... I can't wait to be back in Singapore to give a big hug to my sweetheart.

And as was said in the last post I was cornered this week-end and boy it was fun.... for the others!

9.30 am Saturday my brother storms into my bedroom (I'm staying at my parent's place) and tells me to get up and dressed... I was really shocked but I managed to negotiate a shower and I stuffed my bag with different clothes. I even took my coat because I remember my other friend who was taken one week-end with only the clothes on his back almost died of cold on the beach in Dieppe. I didn't want that to happen to me.
We took the road and Matthieu asked me to set the GPS to Valmondois, a place where many of my friends live. I used to go there often when I lived in France. So I thought my friends were just going to get me drunk 2 days straight. But we took a turn and here we were in a paintball terrain in a forest... The first joke was that I was going to be sent in a field naked with a boulder tied to my leg and would have to run for my life. I wasn't naked, it was worse they gave me a bunny suit... I was going to be a target.
So here we are all geared up, them in military style green suits, and me in my bright white rabbit suit. They did gave me a gun and no boulder, I was lucky.
The paintball in itself was fun, but to all people who play it WEAR THICK CLOTHES! I still have nice round bruises all over my body. They're going to stay a while I fear.

After the game we had a nice lunch copiously topped with red wine and here we went to L'Isle Adam a town not far to which I'm familiar as well. I thought I'd be off the hook and just peacefully drink all the alcohol bought to me, but Thomas had a surprise for me...

He pulled out the same bunny suit out of his bag and a sign saying in French "I'm getting married, it's the crisis, help me". They gave me a basket full of condoms and I had to go sell them in the street... With kids running around me thinking I was the new clown in town. I forgot to say that my totem was a mop.
Some people were laughing a lot, a few completely ignored me, and a some men (usually the ones walking around with a woman roughly their age) told me I was insane to get married, and that I should run away while I still had time. I'm going to put that on the account of sarcastic jokes, but there were quite a number of them... Not very reassuring.

Anyway, this lasted a while with the highlight of a drunk Yeti moping in front of a blue car and then as he was going to the window to ask for a reward realised it was full of policemen. I wasn't arrested but they didn't give me money too used to give fines they are.

The afternoon was still young and the heat was getting unbearable so we decided to go for a fresh beer in a bar. I had to go to each table of the bar to get money by selling my condoms again. And after that I was given a rest until after dinner which we had in Paris.

The rest of the evening was a lot easier, I didn't have to wear my bunny suit anymore. I was so drunk at that point that it wouldn't have changed much.
The fun parts were when Thomas took out red cover with useless items that I had to sell. I didn't do very well, and the tourists around were not very receptive.
Then I was asked to play the guitar in front of a crowd gathered to listen to a real concert... I was way past any playing skills by the alcohol in my blood and I'm not sure if the crowd actually applauded...

The rest of the evening is a blur. A portrait of me was drawn, and more drinks were pored... I ended up in a bad state that I shall not recount here.

I would like to thank all the people present a the paintball and during the evening, I was glad to see you all even if we didn't manage to talk a lot. My special thanks go to my witness Thomas who organised all of this great day (for them!), mec fallait pas abandoner tes recherches d'appartement pour organiser tout ça. Finally, thanks to the photographers. You will find all the pictures here if you wish to see them.

Je vous kiffe tous et je vous fait une Henorme bise à chacune et à chacun. Désolé si j'étais vraiment trop bourré ce soir là.

3 comments:

Tinker said...

I couldn't find the pictures when I clicked on the link. I'd LOVE to see that pic of you in that bunny suit. I understand you didn't have bunny ears?? Even Funnier!! like a Bald Bunny!

Unknown said...

Only one thing to add : some people applauded. Maybe Five out of 250. Great score...

Tinker said...

5 out of 250... were the 5 all friends as well? ;)